Videos, Resources & Recommended Links for the General Public and Professionals
Be sure to bookmark this site & visit often because we add new educational resources often!
Parental Alienation Awareness DVD: What Happens When Parents Turn Children Against Parents (2006) Presented by the Nanaimo Men’s Resource Centre
http://youtu.be/NmQlSp2Afz8 This video demonstrates and discusses the devastating effects of Parental Alienation on children, parents, extended family and on our society (running time 32 mins).
1) An Interview with Psychologist Dr. Larry Waterman
2) Interviews with parents affected by Parental Alienation
3) Dramatic sequences illustrating the 3 types of Parental Alienation
4) The effects on children, parents, extended family and society
5) An overview of the 8 components of Parental Alienation
6) An analysis of the 3 levels of Parental Alienation
7) Solutions and a review of the 12 commandments for divorcing parents.
Dr. Kathleen M. Reay is very pleased to note that the following Mayors proclaimed April 25, 2012 as “Parental Alienation Awareness Day.”
- Gregor Robertson, the Mayor of the City of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada click → City of Vancouver Proclamation
- Walter Gray, the Mayor of the City of Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada click → Kelowna, B.C. Canada, Parental Alienation Awareness Day Proclamation
- City of Penticton British Columbia, Canada
- International Institute For Parental Alienation Studies ( IIPAS) Dedicated to educating alienated familes, mental health therapists, medical professionals, legal professionals and educators of the continuum of parental alienation. Website: www.iipas.org
- Dr. Kathleen Reay’s Private Practice website for information on her services such as telephone/Skype consultations, evaluator, consultant, trial consultant, and expert witness in matters relating to child custody, childhood trauma, parental alienation, estrangement and parental alienation syndrome. Website: www.drkathleenreay.com
- We invite you to visit and “ Like” Dr. Reay’s Facebook pages updated regularly with up to date information PA & PAS: www.facebook.com/ToxicDivorceaWorkbookforAlienatedParents If you have read Dr. Reay’s new book please consider writing a testimonial http://www.facebook.com/Dr.KathleenReay
- Parental Alienation Support: Resources & References Empirical Style. Website: http://parentalalienationsupport.com/
- Kids Aiding the Parental Alienation Awareness Organization (KAPAAO) is a place for youth and adult children of alienation to come together along with alienated parents and other important family members to explore, share and contribute to ways or experiences that may help understand, cope and even overcome Parental Alienation. Website: http://kapaao.paawareness.org
- Fairway Divorce Solutions® “Changing the Way Divorce Happens” and raising the bar in divorce mediation and conflict resolution. Website:http://www.fairwaydivorce.com/fairway-divorce-kelowna.html
Parental Alienation Support Group Suggestions:
Join a PAS online support group or an in-person support group if one is available in your area. The International Network of Alienated Families, for instance, is a support group located in Southern California that provides monthly group meetings and is facilitated by mental health professionals who are experienced with PA and PAS. If there isn’t an existing support group in your area, why notconsider starting one? This can be easily accomplished through Meetup, http://www.meetup.com. Another option is to join a PAS online support group and organization. Here are some examples:
- PARK (Parental Alienation Risks Kids) is a support group in Central Alberta Canada that seeks through early detection, education, and professional help, to change this offensive behavior. Group contact email: email@example.com
- The PAS Guardian Angels, a support group for parents whohave lost contact with their children due to PAS located at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PAS-GuardianAngels
- The Experience Project hosts a support group for PAS families at http://www.experienceproject.com/groups/Lost-My-Children-ToParental-Alienation/160766
- Keeping Families Connected offers resources to identify, battle, and recover from Parental Alienation: http://www.keepingfamiliesconnected.org
- Lee PAS Foundation is dedicated to bringing awareness and education of Parental Alienation and parental kidnap to the public: http://www.leepasfoundation.org
- Parental Alienation and Hostile Aggressive Parenting Awareness contains helpful information for parents and professionals: http://www.paawareness.com
- Children Need Both Parents is a non-profit organization promoting both parents in the lives of children: http://www.cnbpinc.org
- Children’s Rights Council (CRC) works to assure a child has frequent,meaningful, and regular contact with parents and extended familyafter divorce or separation: http://www.crckids.org
- Coalition for Equal Parenting is a gender-neutral , non-profit organization that promotes equality for all parties of divorce and advocates on behalf of parents who have been impacted by Parental Alienation: http://www.coalitionforequalparenting.org
- DadsDivorce.com carries essential information and resources for fathers at any stage of divorce: http://dadsdivorce.com
- DivorceMagazine.com provides information and advice about divorce law, divorce lawyers, family law, children and divorce, and other divorce-related issues. The site also carries excerpts of A Family’s Heartbreak: A Parent’s Introduction to Parental Alienation at: http://www.divorcemag.com/articles/Parental-AlienationSyndrome
- Divorce Recovery Suite is a user-friendly family law site providing a chat room, information on state statutes, and a collection of links regarding divorce, law, forms, rights, and healing: http://www.divorcerecoverysuite.com
- Families Need Fathers seeks to obtain the best possible blend of both parents in the lives of children: http://www.fnf.org.uk
- A Child’s Right is an organization dedicated to a child’s fundamental right to be loved, guided, nurtured, and educated by both fit and willing parents: http://www.achildsright.typepad.com.
- A Family’s Heartbreak Facebook Page is a social networking page designed to connect people struggling with Parental Alienation: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=61789494087&ref=ts.
- Parental Alienation Awareness Organization (PAAO) offers tremendous resources for alienated families and professionals: http://www.paawareness.org
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ADDED TO OUR RESOURCES PAGE? IF SO, PLEASE EMAIL NEWSLETTERDRREAY@SHAW.CA PLEASE PUT “ADD TO RESOURCES PAGE” AS THE SUBJECT LINE IN YOUR EMAIL TO US AND INCLUDE YOUR ORGANIZATION NAME, STATE OR PROVINCE, COUNTRY, WEBSITE & EMAIL ADDRESS. UPCON REVIEW OF YOUR INFORMATION WE WILL CONTACT YOU.
DISCLAIMER: This website and its contents are designed for educational purposes only. This website does not render medical advice, mental health advice or other professional services. The information provided here should not be used for the purposes of diagnosing or treating a medical or psychiatric illness. This site has been designed to provide up-to-date information and resources on the highly complex continuum of parental alienation. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may be experiencing parental alienation or parental alienation syndrome, you should consult an experienced and trained medical, legal and/or mental health professional in this specialized area of practice.
Past Newsletters Archived: